Hotel Sterling is situated very close to the main museums in Madrid and some of the buildings full of culture that you can’t miss.
- In it you will find contemporary and 20th century art, with paintings by Spanish artists like Miró or Picasso and 20th century European artists as well as more recent ones. It is also well-known because of its exhibitions, debates, conferences and other activities.
- C/ Santa Isabel, 52. Tél: 91 774 10 00
- More infomation: Reina Sofía
- Private art centre that belongs to baroness Carmen Cervera and her late husband Thyssen-Bornemisza. It exhibits art pieces dating from the 13th century until the 20th century. It holds about 1,000 paintings of different periods.
- Palacio de Villahermosa, Paseo del Prado 8. (+34) 91 369 01 51
- More information: Private art centre that belongs to baroness Carmen Cervera and her late husband Thyssen-Bornemisza. It exhibits art pieces dating from the 13th century until the 20th century. It holds about 1,000 paintings of different periods.
- Located in the Paseo de Recoletos, this building and the adjacent museums were built in 1896. Currently it is home to 26 millions of works published in Spain distributed across its different rooms. The National Museum of Archaeology shares the same building.
- Paseo de Recoletos, 20.
- More information: National Library
Real Madrid Museum in the Santiago Bernabéu Stadium
- The visitor will be able to admire the different trophies, photographs, shirts and titles of the most popular football club in the city, the Real Madrid.
- Concha Espina 1, Tel. de información: 902 31 17 09
- More information: Real Madrid Museum in the Santiago Bernabéu Stadium
The Prado Museum
- It holds an important collection of painting from different centuries, with a special place for 16th to 19th century European artists, with a special mention to Spanish painters like Goya, Velázquez, Murillo or El Greco.
- Paseo del Prado S/N. Tel. +34 91 330 280
- More information: The Prado Museum
- This cultural centre belongs to La Caixa Foundation, it is home to different temporal exhibitions of different art disciplines.
- Paseo del Prado 36. Tel.: 91 330 73 00
- More information:: Caixa Forum
- Built in honour of the famous painter Sorolla, it also holds collections of architecture, sculpture or ceramics of other artists.
- Calle General Martínez Campos, 37. Tel. 91 3101584
- More information: Sorolla Museum
Royal Academy of Fine Arts of San Fernando
- It is home to several paintings by Spanish artists as well as sculptures and architectural works.
- C/ Alcalá, 13, Telephone: +34 91-524 08 64
- More information: Royal Academy of Fine Arts of San Fernando
National Archaeology Museum
- It contains different rooms that exhibit different works of arts from Spain and different countries.
- Calle Serrano 13, between the Plaza de la Independencia (Puerta de Alcalá) and Plaza de Colón.
- More information: National Archaeology Museum
In the Madrid region
The Royal Monastery of San Lorenzo de El Escorial
- It´s a great architectural work with its 33,327m2. It´s situated in the Sierra de Guadarrama, not far from Madrid. There you will find a palace, a church and a monastery.
- More information: The Royal Monastery of San Lorenzo de El Escorial
Alcalá de Henares University
- It is a World Heritage Site. Once inside you would think you had gone back in time. Visiting this town on the outskirts of Madrid is worth it.
- More information: Alcalá de Henares University
Royal Palace of Aranjuez
- It´s one of the official residencies of the Spanish Royal Family and a national heritage site. It was commissioned by Philip II, but the architect, Juan Bautista de Toledo, died before it could be finished. Two generations went by until Charles III could finish this palace that is today the pride of Aranjuez.
- More information: Royal Palace of Aranjuez
Castle of Manzanares El Real
- From it you can enjoy spectacular views over the marsh, the Pedriza of Madrid, one of the largest granitic ranges in Europe and you will also have the chance to enjoy fantastic food.
- More information: Castle of Manzanares El Real