The cultural offer of the capital is so great that it is difficult to discern between so many interesting proposals. If you want to know which are the best exhibitions in Madrid that you cannot miss on your spring getaway to the capital, you are in the right place.
This week, from Sterling Hotel, we bring you the spring cultural agenda that you cannot miss; a list of the best exhibitions in Madrid for which it is worth leaving the sunny streets of the city to enter its parallel universes. Ready? We start
TOP 3: Best exhibitions in Madrid
1. Stanley Kubrick at the Fine Arts Circle
This impressive retrospective on one of the great film directors of the 20th century, Stanley Kubrick, brings together objects from his films such as the model of the ship from "2001: Space Odyssey" or the "The Shinning" typewriter, films, photographs, personal notes, clapperboard and other treasures from the shooting of his most iconic films.
2. Tattoo, art under the skin at CaixaForum Madrid
Not all canvases are made of fabric. The body can also be painted and considered art; That is why this exhibition takes a journey through the history of tattooing, an ancient practice that has transcended cultures and borders. Do not miss it, the more than 240 works will surprise you.
3. Pi(x)el in SOLO Space
Do you remember the cover of "El Mal Querer" by Rosalía? Well, the artist behind the visual universe of that success is Filip Custic, and now he will be in the SOLO space with an exhibition in which he explores the relationship between body, identity and technology through a hyperrealistic sculpture inspired by the artist Virgin Mary. (alter ego of María Forqué). Go to know this prototype of future wearable, it will open your mind.
TOP 10: Best exhibitions in Madrid
4. Super Superlike: Digital impulses and digital emotion at the Condeduque Center for Contemporary Culture. It addresses issues such as hyper-connectivity or emotions in the digital environment.
5. Conections n Space Telefónica Foundation. Get to know the most outstanding pieces of Telefónica Foundation Collection.
6. Rainmakers at the Condeduque Contemporary Culture Center. Although it is not an exhibition, this interactive installation will not leave you indifferent.
7. Cinema and Fashion: Jean Paul Gaultier at CaixaForum Madrid. In collaboration with La Cinémathèque française, this exhibition shows the close relationship between these two arts and reviews the iconic looks of the best-known stars.
8. IKONO at IKONO Madrid. There are also unmissable exhibitions for those who only seek the exhibition space as a landscape for different photographs. If you are one of these, do not miss this experience.
9. Lego pieces at Plaza Río 2 Shopping Center. Not all unmissable exhibitions are in creative spaces. In this shopping center you will find the largest exhibition of Lego constructions in Europe. Will you find in it the iconic sculpture of the Bear and the Strawberry Tree?
10. Klimt in Matadero Madrid Nave 16. Don't miss this immersive experience, a multi-sensory and 360º journey through his work.
To enjoy these exhibitions in total comfort, Hotel Sterling puts at your disposal rooms in the centre of Madrid; the ideal starting point to visit all the best exhibitions in Madrid that we have brought you today.
Book your stay now and take advantage of all the benefits of staying in a hotel in the heart of the city, the most comfortable place to get around the capital.